If you love the sweet and spicy aromas of this holiday season, this recipe is an easy and inexpensive way to add a festive scent to your home. Removing candles also eliminates toxins being put into the air. Honestly - I hate to be the Christmas Party Pooper but... there have been some serious studies out there regarding the risks of burning candles and what they release into your home. Paraffin wax (typical for most candles) is made from petroleum and when burned, it releases carcinogenic fumes into the air (this is bad). Not to mention, the quality of the wick is very important. Wicks should be made with cotton or paper - unfortunately our overseas friends (China, Taiwan) still contiune to make them out of lead. LEAD! Isn't that disturbing? When they burn, the lead is then distributed into the air that you breath. Well and its not only just lead that gets put off by the candle, there is a whole lot of other toxins with big names (Ill spare you) that actually cause asthma and contribute to cancer. It is also very disturbing that in Canada, the wick or the contents of the candle are not regulated. This hopefully will be reason enough to try my homemade "Scentsy" smell. Enjoy!
Simply add 4-5 cinnamon bark sticks and 1 sliced lemon into a pot, fill with water and cook on your stove top on low heat. Make sure to consistently check the water level and refill as needed. When it no longer gives off anymore of its amazing scent, then its time to start over. OR try another combination!
The list goes on and on. Try out a combo and let me know what you come up with!